Jun 5, 2009

Who likes wedding invitations!?!?

LINCOLN, NEBRASKA—Let's just start off by saying that I am skilled in the art of procrastination. I have been avoiding the dreaded tedious job of assembling something like 120 wedding invitations. I am very grateful that I have 120 people that I care enough about that I would invite them to my wedding, but after my Save-the-Date Card Fiasco*, I am hesitant to put so much energy into what should be considered an Olympic sporting event. :) I am writing this blog to convince myself that I am mentally prepared for this task. Needless to say I am excited to be getting close enough to the wedding that my invitations are late. Late or not, this will move forward, and I trust that everyone who is important to me will be with me or in my thoughts on one of the most important days of my life! Watch your mailboxes, your invitations will be coming soon!

*The Save-the-Date fiasco refers to the three week period of time in which Chris designed beautiful save-the-date cards for us, we paid for and printed these cards, stuffed envelopes, attempted to print address labels, re-printed address labels, bought 150 stamps, labeled and stamped the envelopes, mailed them, waited for responses, received a few cards back as "return to sender- inadequate postage", waited some more, received more returned cards, received a few "I got the card responses", and then received a final tally of 89 of 120 save-the-date cards back in the mail. Disheartening. The cards were an abnormal shape and therefore "unable" to be mailed ("But, Lisa," you say, "31 cards went through just fine." Yes, yes they did.). End result: I gave up.

1 comments:

Kristina - Wedding Photographer in Connecticut said...

Such a great and informative post. Thanks for sharing this to us.

Post a Comment