Jun 1, 2009

Bye bye to my ride...

LINCOLN, NEBRASKA—Part of the whole leaving-the-country thing is having to liquidate all our worldly possessions. I've spent much of my time these last few weeks selling off everything I possibly can on Craigslist: a dresser, a bed, my TV/sound system/Playstation 2/entertainment center combination, my fiance's engagement ring washer and dryer, and now, my beautiful 1999 Honda Civic. I didn't get quite what I wanted out of it, but I got enough that I could pay some bills and buy our plane tickets for Taiwan. Here's the ad:

Let me first say that I love this car and I'm completely heart-broken that I have to part with it. I just got a job working overseas for 2 years, though, and that's a little too long to let a car sit in storage, so I must sell it. Kelley Blue Book prices my vehicle at approximately $5,165, so I would like to get $5,000 out of it--I'm trying to pay for college, a wedding, and an overseas move--however, I am willing to negotiate a little bit.

This car had been listed at $6000 (because I accidentally looked at the wrong Kelley Blue Book entry--I put it down as Retail and not Private Seller), so this is the corrected posting--sorry!

Color: Black
Mileage: approximately 68,000
Engine: 4-Cyl. 1.6L VTEC-E
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: FWD
Entries: 2 door
Fuel Efficiency: approximately 30-35 miles to the gallon.

Standard
| Air Conditioning | Power Door Locks | Dual Front Air Bags |
| Power Steering | Tilt Wheel | Alloy Wheels |
| Tinted Windows | Power Windows | AM/FM Stereo |
| CD Player | Rear Spoiler |

Only two owners ever--the first was a professor who drove it just from home to his school, the second is me (no accidents or major issues)--so it's a safe vehicle. Wonderful for a first car.

Pictures are available at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cwebb00/tags/mycar/show/

Please contact me for specific information, including the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Reply to this email or call (402) 570-1421.


All I have left of it now is the tree-shaped air freshener and the pictures I posted to my Flickr.


0 comments:

Post a Comment