May 7, 2009

College, CHECK; Student teaching, CHECK

LINCOLN, NEBRASKA—After what seemed like YEARS (because it was) of college, I've finally accomplished what 29% of Americans can claim to have done: walked out of a higher learning institution with a degree. Even though I still have a few days before I march, as of today, I am a bonafide teacher. Woot.

The final hoop involved in graduating was to do my student teaching, a very intense praticum that is basically an education department's answer to an internship. Working closely with Lincoln Southeast High School's Michelle Stewart and Johnna Graff, I taught 4 "preps" (different courses) and 5 classes:

  • English 9
  • Oral Communication (2 sections)
  • Law and Literature
  • Popular Culture
I could tell all kinds of stories about the amazing opportunities I had to work with such consummate professionals and excellent students, but we'll save that for another day. For now, I relish in the fact that I've walked the halls of Lincoln Southeast for the last time as an instructor...

...until Friday, when I come back to sub for my classes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment