Jun 12, 2009

Done with college, AGAIN.

LINCOLN, NEBRASKA—Here's a dirty little secret I didn't like to talk much about during Graduation Weekend: despite the fact that I would be marching, as the Senior Class president, I wasn't actually done with college.

See, because of the wonderful Union Scholars program (who, in its infinite wisdom, decided not to offer a Religion course over the last 4 semester, despite requiring them), I got stuck writing a 20-page paper over *random uninteresting topic that we both know you don't want to hear about*. So, when everyone else marched a month ago and began enjoying their post-college life, I still had a few miles to go before I slept.

Well, that all changed today. After turning in my paper (over a topic that slowly began melting my mind) to my professor yesterday, I received this email:

Chris,

I have just finished reading your paper. I wish you had included [generic complaint of things that he wishes I would have done. Had I not been at such a crucial crossroad, I would have gladly responded with a list of things I wish I could have suffered through rather than this paper, including dry heaves, cerebral hemorrhaging, and leeches.]

But your summary of the major themes in the works were very well done. Your conclusion was well stated. Both of these aspects somewhat made up for the deficiencies described above. I would give your paper a 95% grade which is enough for an A.

Congratulations on completing your college work. Best wishes to you as you take your diploma and begin you life work!


To which I gladly responded,

Hell yeah.

Just in case you're looking for a way to cause mental melting, here's my paper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment